Monday, June 15, 2009

Shredded Beef for just about anything.



I did this batch of Shredded Beef a while back using two sirloin tips from an old dairy cow. I got the meat through an uncle and since it has such a weird flavor all we can really do with it is smother it with spices and seasonings and call it a day.

This is the recipe I used. I didn't make enchiladas with it, I just yanked the first part of the recipe. It came out amazing and I ended up making a second batch but it didn't taste as good ):

With both batches I froze it for later uses. Depending on the size I can use one batch for three meals. I've used this recipe for: Nachos, burritos, enchiladas and tacos. It works well with everything and reheating it straight from frozen is simple... just a skillet with a lid and some water to steam it a little while cooking. If you don't add any water during the cooking process it becomes dry and the sauce & flavor cooks away.

I am wondering what this recipe will taste like once I go through all of this dairy cow and I use USDA grade beef. Hmm..

No comments:

Post a Comment